Whats your favourite newly introduced charachters from Way of Water?

I think for me it'd be Kiri and Spider. I really liked how all of Kiri's scenes give a sense of awe and wonder, it felt very much like a lot of the scenes in Avatar 1. Spider I felt just worked way better as a character than I thought he would, and it felt interesting to follow his struggles - makes you
Absolutely 100% agree!

Reactions: Tsireya
I love all of them. But if I have to pick I’d pick Kiri, I love her connection with nature and Eywa, so jealous of her powers I wish I could do that 😂 Also anyone else find Lo’ak really hot? And I miss Neteyam so much 😭😭

Woodsprite

One of the First
Donator
Obviously Kiri is clearly the pick here. Got to agree, but also, I'm floored at Kiri's design.

See, because every avatar and na'vi character has facial referencing from the actor that plays them, based on what they look like. Kiri is the only character that isn't completely based on Sigourney Weaver's actual face as it exists. Kiri's face is based on multiple performances of Sigourney from her early age up until now, and extensive work was put in to essentially replicate her face from when she was 14 years old, based on a plethora of info provided to the VFX artists.

In turn, we get Kiri, who literally looks like a 14-year-old version of Sigourney Weaver:
kiri-sigourney.png

+1 for Kiri. Watching the movie, I had no idea who was playing her. Didn't recognize the face or the voice, though I could tell her character was related to Grace Augustine. When the credits started rolling, I expected to see the name of some young actress I didn't recognize. ...Nope! It was Sigourney Weaver all along! I knew she would be in this movie, but I didn't even recognize her beyond those couple moments as Grace. Boy, was I surprised. She gave an amazing performance. Judging from the video below, it looks like the other cast and crew were wowed by her too:

Sadly Neteyam was sacrificed by Cameron just for Lo'ak character development...i mean that's a good thing but i'm sad that he's already gone, in the material realm of course...since in the movie you see him reassimilated by Ejwa.
100% agree. Kiri and Neteyam were the two favourites of mine among the new characters, and I feel really strongly that boy-fridging him just so Lo'ak can have his coming of age moment was a gratuitous plot device.

But yep, he's a sweet and lovely character, and between him and Kiri, we get to see a truly lovely bunch of kids, which is really hard to pull off on the big screen. Kiri is just sweet and lovely, and doesn't realise she's a lovely soul, as the Metkayina kids and she herself are both so hard on her. But the time we see with her in the ocean, and her brief words with Jake about Eywa are some of the most beautiful and meaningful moments in the film for me.

Sadly Neteyam was sacrificed by Cameron just for Lo'ak character development...i mean that's a good thing but i'm sad that he's already gone, in the material realm of course...since in the movie you see him reassimilated by Ejwa.
I was honestly so sad when I realized Neteyam was going to die. It was very early on already noticeable for me because he got like only half as much attention as the other kids, but I only realized that after I picked him as my favorite ) :
Other than him, retcom Miles' Ikran is my favorite, it's colors are just stunning. As well as Kiri.