Whats your favourite newly introduced charachters from Way of Water?

Eltu

Administrator
I think for me it'd be Kiri and Spider. I really liked how all of Kiri's scenes give a sense of awe and wonder, it felt very much like a lot of the scenes in Avatar 1. Spider I felt just worked way better as a character than I thought he would, and it felt interesting to follow his struggles - makes you really sympathize with him!

I think for me it'd be Kiri and Spider. I really liked how all of Kiri's scenes give a sense of awe and wonder, it felt very much like a lot of the scenes in Avatar 1. Spider I felt just worked way better as a character than I thought he would, and it felt interesting to follow his struggles - makes you really sympathize with him!
That's exactly how I feel about Kiri! Spider is really intresting and I hope they look more into his struggles about being human and his relationship w Miles

Reactions: Rogue Aw
My favorite of the whole movie is Kiri, she's just such a great character! Love her connection to the animals and plants of the undersea world, she seems to really belong there instead of the forest. Her connection with Eywa is incredible, and, with this connection, we saw she can be a formidable force!

Another one I like is Lo'ak, his connection to Payakan is straight up cool! I hope he and Tsireya get together, both seem to be a good match.

Last edited:
This is a fairly unpopular opinion, but I absolutely adore Neteyam! (I mean, look at the adorable cheesy smile on my profile pic!) I connect strongly with his character because I am also the oldest child of my family. His struggle to live up to his parents’ high expectations and try to keep a brave face for his family are so relatable to me. He is under so much pressure to take care of his siblings and keep them in line as well as to work hard to learn and grow himself. He always strives to do the right thing, and never argues when he is blamed for things that aren’t even his fault, accepting the guilt and telling himself that he should have done better. The thing he wanted most was for his dad to be proud of him, yet he felt as though his parents were still disappointed in him no matter how hard he tried. I bawled my eyes out when he died! I would really have liked to have seen more of him. I also loved Ronal, Kiri, and Tuk!

This is a fairly unpopular opinion, but I absolutely adore Neteyam! (I mean, look at the adorable cheesy smile on my profile pic!) I connect strongly with his character because I am also the oldest child of my family. His struggle to live up to his parents’ high expectations and try to keep a brave face for his family are so relateable to me. He is under so much pressure to take care of his siblings and keep them in line as well as to work hard to learn and grow himself. He always strives to do the right thing, and never argues when he is blamed for things that aren’t even his fault, accepting the guilt and telling himself that he should have done better. The thing he wanted most was for his dad to be proud of him, yet he felt as though his parents were still disappointed in him no matter how hard he tried. I bawled my eyes out when he died! I would really have liked to have seen more of him. I also loved Ronal, Kiri, and Tuk!

Sadly Neteyam was sacrificed by Cameron just for Lo'ak character development...i mean that's a good thing but i'm sad that he's already gone, in the material realm of course...since in the movie you see him reassimilated by Ejwa.