What would Neytiri think about humans? Honestly?

Last edited:
(Fist part is prob. a repost)
We tend to see fellow humans in a general bad way, (not pointing out, but HNM is an example, But he is still a tsmukan)and alot of you might think that she would be discusted about humans. Even how some people can be viewed as horrible. But, I think she would be even more discusted with how we treat fellow humans. We generalize all humans into bad, worthless beings. That alone discusts me. (But im not Neytiri) Basicly what im getting at is Neytiri would be more discusted about how we treat eachother, rather than just who we are.

Fighter-of-Wars

Adventurer
Donator
I think she would be disgusted at both. But, one could argue, that it could be who we are that makes us treat each other this way. Not saying I would argue that point.

Good points, MGCJerry...

Because of that I don't want to meet Neytiri...in my human body :cry: She'd get a bad impression of who I actually am.
She'd probably think of our race as complete skxawngs.
We are killing our mother, when our world has just the amount of potential to be like her's...
minus the light-up plants.

^^ but I think she learned from Jake, Norm, and Grace that you can't judge all of humans. I've learned that, not to judge. No matter how stereotypical people look, I can't judge them by their looks. Also, I can't hate anyone either.

For me, no judgement or hate.

But we're not talking about me. I think she would be truly saddened if she saw us

Woodsprite

One of the First
Donator
    Last edited:
I believe I already commented about this on a similar note here. One part in particular comes to mind:

We're looking at the earth from our own perspective, and assuming the Na'vi would as well. But it's more like painting, where the artists are us, and the onlookers are the Na'vi. We, of course, wouldn't really care to notice anything good about the painting; only all the mistakes we made with it, and deeply regretting them. The onlookers (the Na'vi) would look and marvel at what a beautiful piece of work it is, and never notice or care to find the problems with the work. Is anyone getting this?

^Makes more sense when read with the rest of the post.

Neytiri had a bias against the human race since the day her sister was killed, so we don't really know for sure what she would've thought of humans, had that incident not happened. What we do know of her, is she was very open to the humans at first (hence, the pictures with Grace). So, for all we know, she could've thought us wonderful people who cared, minus the corporation.

I believe I already commented about this on a similar note here. One part in particular comes to mind:

^Makes more sense when read with the rest of the post.

Neytiri had a bias against the human race since the day her sister was killed, so we don't really know for sure what she would've thought of humans, had that incident not happened. What we do know of her, is she was very open to the humans at first (hence, the pictures with Grace). So, for all we know, she could've thought us wonderful people who cared, minus the corporation.

Well seeing as how she was going to kill Avatar Jake with no questions asked I think that gives us a general idea of what she thinks of humans

Raiden

Outlier
Donator
I would like to expand this a bit.

What would the Na'vi (or maybe the Omaticaya) think about humans?

After Jake and the others proved to them that they aren't all bad, would they maybe hate them less? Or would they even "keep an eye out" for the other diamonds in the rough?

After all that mess with the Sky People trashing Home Tree, sending in the RDA Bulldozers, knocking down sacred trees, (Things so precious to the Na'vi People)... etc, I'd say it's a safe bet she would still be as suspicious and wary of humans as ever.

Tey'Kan

I'm sure the Na'vi would think negatively of humans, based not just on what so many people think about each other (e.g. making comments on me in the OP...), but I think what would upset the Na'vi most is how we are destroying ourselves and our world all for short term gain.

Advent

Mother Falcon
Donator
    Last edited:
(Fist part is prob. a repost)
We tend to see fellow humans in a general bad way, (not pointing out, but HNM is an example, But he is still a tsmukan)and alot of you might think that she would be discusted about humans. Even how some people can be viewed as horrible. But, I think she would be even more discusted with how we treat fellow humans. We generalize all humans into bad, worthless beings. That alone discusts me. (But im not Neytiri) Basicly what im getting at is Neytiri would be more discusted about how we treat eachother, rather than just who we are.

Hmm. Good you're reminding some people.
However, this message would do more good in parliament, where it could reach billions.

Don't think they'd be interested though.

And bear in mind there are people in this forum who see hope in humanity and Earth, and feel proud to be human. (me as an example)

Of course, not because of the bad things in the world, but we've done well thus far.
After all, we reached sentience, and (though it's quite unlikely) we could be the most advanced life in the Milky Way. :)

Good points, MGCJerry...

Because of that I don't want to meet Neytiri...in my human body :cry: She'd get a bad impression of who I actually am.
She'd probably think of our race as complete skxawngs.
We are killing our mother, when our world has just the amount of potential to be like her's...
minus the light-up plants.

See? The Na'vi aren't too different from us. They base all humans on a stereotype.
And the Na'vi can call us skxawngs, but that's life for you. Survival. Kill or be killed. As the Na'vi are not yet advanced, they can't see what we deal with every day.

Fkeu'itan

Pamtseo Vitra
Donator
This is true I suppose Advent.

Although, they have every right to judge the human race on real foundations. On what they've seen with their own eyes, just as everyone here and virtually everyone on the planet can.

Back with the OP... I think she would see us as an extremely twisted race. A race of general backwardness but yet capable of such unparalelled beauty, love and compassion. With a real, simple desire for such things.

Reactions: SnowRider
She would probably think humans are (mostly) scum, with some exceptions (Jake, Norm, Trudy, etc.) but that would be based on her limited experience with humans. If she were to see our race in its entirety, with all its flaws and shortcomings, she might have a different view of us.
For instance, how would she react to seeing human art, or hearing human music played by humans? If she knew our history as a species, she'd likely hate us even more, but then again, seeing some of the good things we've done as a species, her opinion might be more nuanced.

This is a question that has been explored in a number of fanfics on FF.net and AO3, how the Na'vi would view the human race.

I explored this very question in my fan novel and I know a number of other fanfic authors did as well.

Neytiri and the Na'vi would probably come to the conclusion that the human race and both good and bad sides and if we're to become more like them, we need to have our good side come to the fore.

And that is the central theme of the first movie. We need our Na'vi side to come out and do what is necessary to move our race forward.

I feel that, at first, Neytiri would think of humans as disgusting and disgraceful. But I feel she would be the first in her tribe to be willing to give us a chance to redeem this thought. So even if she thought we were horrible beings (And let's be honest, we can be at times), she's probably learned from Jake and Grace that we can be better than what they know about us. Then again, we can also be worse...

It shows in the sequel photos. In the birth ceremony, Norm and one other human are there joining in. She though doesn't see Spider as trustworthy though. She saw Jake's intentions and behavior before she knew him as a generally good person. As she or Mo'at would say, "Your heart is heavy, but someday you will be free of your burdens and it will be lighter." They can see the aura of a person who is good or bad or who has been through a lot.

I think Neytiri would not generalize the human race and instead would judge each human as they are, since she has met both reasonable and unreasonable humans. However, family and blood relations would bias her opinion of the person, and tie that opinion to her opinion of the blood relative, like with how she sees Spider.

Naturally, Neytiri finds humans as a race overall distrusting. Disgusted? Perhaps but seeing she is mated with a human and close friends with a small amount of them then she clearly makes exceptions if any human proves themselves worthy enough to be trusted. On a side note, I like how this topic is randomly brought up from 2010!

I'm generally confused by her behavior. She has a right to be mad at humans for all they have taken from her. But then why would she marry Jake? It's almost like she's blinded by his avatar body, and then she just goes back to disliking humans in general save for a special few. I mean, look at the way she mistreats Spider in Way of Water. And he's a kid. And yes I get that she was upset about *spoiler* in that one particular scene, but still...

I'm generally confused by her behavior. She has a right to be mad at humans for all they have taken from her. But then why would she marry Jake? It's almost like she's blinded by his avatar body, and then she just goes back to disliking humans in general save for a special few. I mean, look at the way she mistreats Spider in Way of Water. And he's a kid. And yes I get that she was upset about *spoiler* in that one particular scene, but still...

I didn't liked her neither
and couldn't imagine what will happen when she will discover that Spider saved Quarritch life....
She seems a little hypocrital, dislike humans but avoid the fact that she's ''married'' to the Jake-Avatar (so the dna of a Na'Vi probably killed and the dna of a human mixed togheter) of Jake.