What do you think happens to you once you die?

That's a really interesting idea for soulmates and lone wolves. I've not come accross it before - that facinates me. Did you come to that perspective yourself, or is it based on part of a wider worldview?
Just a theory of mine based on what I know and have seen. I don't have that much of a strictly codified worldview. I think a lot of things happen randomly also.

Do you just feel no real interest in following this experience to see if it leads to anything, or feel a bit wary about it, given the emotional feelings from it were quite dark/dread filled? I could see how it could be kinda confronting.
Well, the thing is that I didn't really think the experience was there to lead me to anything :)
It felt more like the energy had to get out and make itself known, rather than that it was giving me a 'quest'.
It is actually quite hard to explain, but I wasn't really overwhelmed by the feelings of dread because I could very clearly distinguish that they were not my own, and that they had happened a very long time ago, and that it was far too late for anybody to do anything about it.
The experience actually filled me personally with an awed feeling, because I had never felt anything like it, like there was a whole other dimension to feeling things, a 4th dimension in having feelings, you could say. Also, it confirmed for me that there really is something more out there that we can't see and can't explain by science (yet).

I did at one point consider going to the Externsteine, the place where the destroyed Irminsul is believed to be depicted in a rock carving. It is located less than 300 km from where I live. But I didn't feel compelled to do so, so I never went. Possibly I thought that the place wouldn't have anything to do with the energy I felt, with it being quite a tourist attraction.

All of a sudden I started having an overwhelming feeling of there being a predator out there that did not belong, and had a sensation of mourning or melanchony.
How do you normally feel when you believe there is a predator nearby? (assuming that you may have some experience with that). I guess normally its not a comparable feeling to what you described? Did it feel like there was an animal out there, or did it feel unnatural?

I started to feel quite panicked and was obsessively checking my six and pushing the pace, getting hot and tired, and began to get paranoid and imagined (not a hallucination, but imagining a weird nightmare scenario) that the terrain and landscape would shift and stretch and that I'd never be able to get out of the valley I was in. It was a really weird feeling, and a thought kept pushing back into my mind of my grandpa telling me about a forced march he'd had to do as a POW in Borneo where when they were run to an unknown place in the mountains, only for the captors to force them to be marched back again, being hounded / chased the whole way and driven to exhaustion
When I first read this, I got a vibe that perhaps you picked up a kind of similar residual traumatic energy that I picked up in my experience. It would surely have been an awful experience for your grandfather, but at least he lived and got to share his story. I don't know exactly the physical state you were in or how much time passed since when you first got the feeling of the predator, but I guess dehydration could have been a factor.

I know from experience that dehydration can mess with your perception. I once had to do some machine assembly actions while wearing a full body cleanroom suit (the kind that only ventilate via cotton gloves and the open face area). Such a suit can get very hot if you have to do actions in difficult and energy intensive positions, etc. When I got out after several hours, having lost a lot of moist, I was perceiving glass walls everywhere that I felt I was bumping into every few meters I walked.

I've never had anything like it since, and I don't think it was supernatural
Likely it wasn't. But can you rationalize everything that happened? What about the aspects you can't explain? Why would you panic in a situation like that? It sounds like you have a lot of experience in the wild after all.

Awe, hope you feel better soon - look fwd to seeing your thoughts :)
My head is clear and i feel like writing , that's really rare so let's go! (to whoever will read please continue I promise it makes sense in the end)

I was raised to be more or less Catholic, though it was simply the norm at that time where I lived and I never felt there was any point to anything the religion said or did. It was all just fairy tales to me that were obscuring the truth. Basically all people I knew while growing up thought of Catholicism in the same way. Only old people went to church and they did so "because it was the proper thing to do" not because they were really into the religion itself.
Exactly, I never really liked christianity but thats all my family knew ...
But then I watched avatar and everything felt like me , like all I ever did and believed in . It was not just gorgeous , it was right.
When I was a kid I hated socks and shoes and didn't get things like money, and why all everyone does is working their whole lives (that is possibly just my adhd brain but I don't think so). All of this to say , I don't get society. And seeing the Na'vis living like they do I was like "yes , this" xD
I would say I am pretty neutral on this subject in general, but I have experienced things and heard stories that are hard to explain without considering reincarnation as a factor in them.
The list explaining this is to long but when I watched avatar it all clicked, I felt like a part of their community, I felt home for the first time. (So much so that when watching Avatar twow in theaters, just the opening with the trees and the music gave mu such an overwhelming "I am home" it made me cry and leave crying .) Then Avatar (1) depression hit , leading to me accepting and discovering me.

This concept of "Great mother", This divine consciousness that's everywhere and living but that can only watch, she doesn't have cosmic powers , she doesn't rule everything, she's just here ... That stuck with me ,
Yep, pretty much. Earth/Gaia/Nature worship tends to fall into two broad families of traditions - the animists
that and everything has a consciousness. I always believed in , i was just unaware of it.
I also discovered reality shifting, the multiverse theory as well as manifesting and others .

I agree with much of what you said. Reincarnation has always sense to me. We are *literally* beings of energy, and energy can neither be created or destroyed, it just is..
Now to answer the post's actual question: I believe in reincarnation, randomly across every possible reality, without the choice of where you're gonna end up .

Also , pretty much everything that has been said here is super interesting , i didn't have time to read it all but i will !

• Love
Reactions: Sopyu ftu äo
If I had to guess, I would say I was reincarnated from someone far outside of my current family and probably from someone who died somehwere like the late 80s.
I'd say I lived in an Omatikaya like indigenous way. Warm climate , for lots of reasons again .

Sopyu ftu äo

Donator
Well, the thing is that I didn't really think the experience was there to lead me to anything :)
It felt more like the energy had to get out and make itself known, rather than that it was giving me a 'quest'.
It is actually quite hard to explain, but I wasn't really overwhelmed by the feelings of dread because I could very clearly distinguish that they were not my own, and that they had happened a very long time ago, and that it was far too late for anybody to do anything about it.
The experience actually filled me personally with an awed feeling, because I had never felt anything like it, like there was a whole other dimension to feeling things, a 4th dimension in having feelings, you could say. Also, it confirmed for me that there really is something more out there that we can't see and can't explain by science (yet).
That is a really interesting take on it - like an emotional footprint in the fabric of the world, one could say.

I did at one point consider going to the Externsteine, the place where the destroyed Irminsul is believed to be depicted in a rock carving. It is located less than 300 km from where I live. But I didn't feel compelled to do so, so I never went. Possibly I thought that the place wouldn't have anything to do with the energy I felt, with it being quite a tourist attraction.

I had to look that up, as I have never heard of the place. It looks beautiful - and felt very homely. I instantly thought of the Three Sisters, not far from me. The indigenous nation of my home are the Gundungurra people, and they have a strong connection to the formation through the dreamtime, but just like Externsteine, mass tourism is very much a thing at that site, I can only imagine makes it hard for them to maintain the spiritual bond to the country that they have as their right. I'm very bound to my home environment and have two specific sites I go to when I need time to get away from people and just focus on my bond with the world. Neither are or are anywhere anything that could be construed as an "attraction" but both are near-ish to bush trails (within a click or so) and a few times I've heard people on the trail, and even that is a major distraction that breaks my focus. If the bulldozers turned up to build an access road, car park, viewing platform... yeah, not good.

How do you normally feel when you believe there is a predator nearby? (assuming that you may have some experience with that). I guess normally its not a comparable feeling to what you described? Did it feel like there was an animal out there, or did it feel unnatural?
It's never something I've felt on land, as we really don't have any large true predators around my area. I've felt it in the water, and there's a sense of heightened alertness and perception, but never that sense of mourning or melanchony. It was very alien, which made it all the more creepy as even at the time I as aware of how odd it was.

I know from experience that dehydration can mess with your perception. I once had to do some machine assembly actions while wearing a full body cleanroom suit (the kind that only ventilate via cotton gloves and the open face area). Such a suit can get very hot if you have to do actions in difficult and energy intensive positions, etc. When I got out after several hours, having lost a lot of moist, I was perceiving glass walls everywhere that I felt I was bumping into every few meters I walked.

Likely it wasn't. But can you rationalize everything that happened? What about the aspects you can't explain? Why would you panic in a situation like that? It sounds like you have a lot of experience in the wild after all.

I do rationalise it as natural, as I'm somewhat deliberate in my naturalism and non-theism (in that it's not that I just don't personally believe in the supernatural, but rather hold it as a fundamental philosophical aspect of my ecocentrism), and will consciously seek out a naturalistic explanation for something - or otherwise chalk it up to a combination of natural events coming together to create something I don't fully understand. But yeah I'm not inclined to panic (I screw up in the bush all the time, but tend to hold it together and have just about enough common sense to work the problem and un-screw-up whatever it is I screwed up)

but yep definitely weird as the site is one I'm intimately familiar with, and extremely comfortable in - to the extent it's been used repeatedly as the quasi-utopian setting of several stories I wrote over the years.

My head is clear and i feel like writing , that's really rare so let's go! (to whoever will read please continue I promise it makes sense in the end)

Exactly, I never really liked christianity but thats all my family knew ...
But then I watched avatar and everything felt like me , like all I ever did and believed in . It was not just gorgeous , it was right.
When I was a kid I hated socks and shoes and didn't get things like money, and why all everyone does is working their whole lives (that is possibly just my adhd brain but I don't think so). All of this to say , I don't get society. And seeing the Na'vis living like they do I was like "yes , this" x
I feel ya :) I really do
The list explaining this is to long but when I watched avatar it all clicked, I felt like a part of their community, I felt home for the first time. (So much so that when watching Avatar twow in theaters, just the opening with the trees and the music gave mu such an overwhelming "I am home" it made me cry and leave crying .) Then Avatar (1) depression hit , leading to me accepting and discovering me.

Funny you should mention that - as I felt *exactly* the same when going to see TWOW for the first time - after so many years waiting it really was like coming home and made me feel so happy. The first movie was and still is very much a personal and philosophical "glue" that brought together and detangled so much of my thoughts and values, and still does now. If you haven't, I'd strongly reccomend a read of Avatar and Philosophy: Learning to See, by George Dunn and William Irwin. Also, just know that I get how you feel. Get your shoes off and get your feet in the dirt. It's a good place to be :)