Skyrim!

Pa'li Makto

Donator
Does selling farmers vegetables count as helping citizens in order to become a thane?
Falkreath doesn't seem to have many miscellaneous quests apart from the Clavicus Vile quest and Ill met by moonlight.

Not sure, might be worth a try. If any NPCs for quests have ended up killed however, you could always just use the console to resurrect them.

Also, just in case someone hasn't seen this yet:
[youtube]lsqiSknjHK8[/youtube]
:D :D

Pa'li Makto

Donator
I haven't seen it: I'll have to watch it right now. :D

Oh that is good! They made Nords epic in that video, which is brilliant. Also loved the "animal magnetism with the Argonians and Khajiit.

Thanks for the advice HNM, I hope it works, since there are a few bugs in Skyrim that pop up.
I think there's a quest to do where you have to return some ashes, so I'll try that too.

Anyone have any favourite shouts so far?
Mine is the fire breath one. :)

Advent

Mother Falcon
Donator
I do quite love the 'Become Ethereal' one. Saved my life so many times, and definitely helps when you're a conjurer. :D

I haven't seen it: I'll have to watch it right now. :D

Oh that is good! They made Nords epic in that video, which is brilliant. Also loved the "animal magnetism with the Argonians and Khajiit.

Thanks for the advice HNM, I hope it works, since there are a few bugs in Skyrim that pop up.
I think there's a quest to do where you have to return some ashes, so I'll try that too.

Anyone have any favourite shouts so far?
Mine is the fire breath one. :)

My favourite shout will always be "Fus - Ro - Dah"!! xD Wonderful game, it deserved the title of GOTY 2011 :love2:
Seconded :D

FUS RO DAH.

rasomaso

Donator
anyone know what does potion that says "appear spectral for 30 seconds" do? I mean what is it good for? I have only 2 and never seen any else, so I didn't even try it yet, but I guess you look like a ghost then?

Pa'li Makto

Donator
Exactly so. :) You can get some of those potions from a guy who appeared as a ghost to fool all of these people out of a cave so he could keep his treasure.

"Appear Spectral" is an amazing effect. It lets you be immune to ALL damage for a fixed amount of time, but like invisibility, once you do something while the effect is active, it will deactivate. This effect is ideal for falling off of cliffs of great height (no matter how deep). You can get this effect as an ability instead of a potion, but I won't tell you! Keep exploring!

I've ran into a bump of sorts in my work.

exampleax.jpg

I've been experimenting with TESnipe and have come to rely on other modders to do most of my mods. Their is a person in particular who is making armored helmets into circlets to take the head slot, converting the jewelry into the armor. Perfect if your looking into retaining the natural aspects of the hair and face. Sadly the modder didn't do ALL the circlets but he's open to requests. These are meant to be crafted via smithing; it sounds difficult and alot to ask for. Being very picky, I tried to boil all the choices down to 1 headdress.

It was impossible, I can't decide between the three in the image.

Here's why (this will be in black color text to allow you to make up your own impressions:(

1. Gold and Emerald Circlet
    The gold reflects her skin strips and the shiny green is a direct complementary color towards her red eyes. I did think over the brightness of this circlet; even though the base is a whole lot brighter than her skin strips, they blend together into something that isn't annoying but seamless. If the gold was a 'bit' darker, it would be absolutely perfect. Copper as a base isn't an alternative because the vanilla copper circlet is too dark to allow it to blend in with the head. If her skin was darker, it might work.​
  2. Gold and Ruby Circlet
    This is an interesting one! The gold does the circlet justice with her skin strips and the central shiny ruby reflects her eyes. The black pearls surrounding the ruby reflect the other types of colors on the face such as the hair (Dark Aurburn), the blacks of her eyes, even the shading on her face + neck.​
  3. Jade and Sapphire Circlet
    This is the most relaxed circlet of them all; but it still as deep an impact as the gold circlets. The dark base almost perfectly reflects the color of her skin and the extra darkness to the base, compared to the skin, reflect the freckles on her face. The emerald reflects her spirit, or at least Id like to think so. I really like sapphires!​
If I get all 3 circlets, I'm going to need a fist-bump. But I know that isn't likely; what do you guys think.

rasomaso

Donator
I'd go for the ruby one :) thanks for info about the spectral potion, sounds pretty awesome! (I will hold onto those 2 potions for the most dangerous situations! haha)

Advent

Mother Falcon
Donator
I'd go for the third circlet, myself. Seems to fit in the picture a lot more.
Also, I finished the Imperial Legion questline last night. While some of the fort raiding was tedious, storming Windhelm felt so... epic. There's nothing else to call it.
Oh yeah, and I killed Ulfric and took his clothes. :P

Pa'li Makto

Donator
I'd go for the 3rd one, since I think the muted colour draws more attention to the woman's face plus it contrasts well with her facepaint. :D

Off topic, I thought I was one of the only people who liked Vilkas and Farkas of the Companions, until I looked on Youtube. :P

I like the third, Jade and Emerald. Where do you get this mod from? :)
My characters wear dragonplate armour, but I think the helmet in that set looks a little mismatched and I'd prefer the look of no helmet anyway, so I want this mod (since I still want the defence from the helmet plus its enchantments :P, plus without it I'd lose all the bonuses from perks relating to a full set of heavy armour).

Speaking of mods, in case anyone doesn't know it: Glowing Ore Veins 300 at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
Completely indispensable. You notice huge amounts more ore to mine with this.

Pa'li Makto

Donator
Ah that would help quite a lot. I always just bump into ore veins..:hmm:
I always wonder why you can't mine these glowing rocks in Blackreach..
black-reach-2-610x343.jpg

Dragonplate armour looks really good. I like it how the dragon armour comes in light and heavy. :)
My character goes around in Wolf Armour (Exquisite) and either Ancient Nord Helmet or Helm of Yngol. ;)