Grace is not dead! . . . I hope

Okay, I've always had two theories on how Grace could appear again in the movie, since it's been announced that Sigourney Weaver is coming back. The first is that Jake communicates with Grace through contact with Eywa. However this theory does not suit me because in the end . . .she's still dead.

My second theory is that when she is wounded and taken to the Tree of Souls, the transfer actually works, but that she is so weak, that when she enters her uniltirantokx she immediately goes into a comma, giving her the appearance that she really is dead. And it is after the battle (and in the second movie) that when they are preparing her to be buried with the rest of their dead, she wakes up thinking "what the crap?" :shock:
It would have to be just a few days after the traumatic events of the first movie, because remaining in a comma that long without medical support, she would die anyway. This is just my crazed-girl thinking up impossible possibilities, but here's keeping my fingers crossed.:awesome: Tell me what you think of my theory, and if you have any of your own, please share.:)

Wish I could say the same about Norm. I luuuv him but I am thoroughly convinced he is dead for sure. R.I.P. avatar norm:cry:

Reactions: Neytiri1991
Okay, I've always had two theories on how Grace could appear again in the movie, since it's been announced that Sigourney Weaver is coming back. The first is that Jake communicates with Grace through contact with Eywa. However this theory does not suit me because in the end . . .she's still dead.

My second theory is that when she is wounded and taken to the Tree of Souls, the transfer actually works, but that she is so weak, that when she enters her uniltirantokx she immediately goes into a comma, giving her the appearance that she really is dead. And it is after the battle (and in the second movie) that when they are preparing her to be buried with the rest of their dead, she wakes up thinking "what the crap?" :shock:
It would have to be just a few days after the traumatic events of the first movie, because remaining in a comma that long without medical support, she would die anyway. This is just my crazed-girl thinking up impossible possibilities, but here's keeping my fingers crossed.:awesome: Tell me what you think of my theory, and if you have any of your own, please share.:)

Wish I could say the same about Norm. I luuuv him but I am thoroughly convinced he is dead for sure. R.I.P. avatar norm:cry:

I think if it were to happen, it would be the former, however she still may be revived somehow. She's not dead though. Her body is, yes, but her soul is not.

Last edited:
We will see in Avatar 2

PS yes I changed my signature that last one was too big ang for goodness sake don't say that this isn't a 1911 by Sig Sauer becouse it is

Last edited:
If you don't believe me just google in "Sig Sauer 1911" and you will see for your self.

BTW. it's written 'SIG Sauer" on the slide of the pistol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I closed you now forever, becouse you know its a Sig Sauer 1911 and you know that if you say that it isn't you will only show everyone that you know nothing about guns,, iron_jones you LOST THE GAME!
HAAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I closed you now forever, becouse you know its a Sig Sauer 1911 and you know that if you say that it isn't you will only show everyone that you know nothing about guns,, iron_jones you LOST THE GAME!
HAAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Aw man, you got me. I admit defeat.

If Mo'at and the Na'vi people could not transfer her soul back to her Avatar body
what is going to change that will make this possible now ?
Grace's spirit or essence is now a part of Eywa , Jake and the other na'vi should be able to connect with this , not sure of all the trees of voices where destroyed
of deeper interest will be the knowledge and influence Grace has had upon
the actions of the all mother Eywa , could her presence in that space change Eywa actions and behavior ?

I do wonder how they are going to handle Grace's return.

Her avatar waking up after a period of time? Appearing only by vision or hallucination? Or simply a voice?

What do people think?

I think it would be tough for her to come back as an Avatar/Na'vi, but then again who knows what JC has cooked up :) maybe IF the Avatar body can live without a "soul" in a resting state, maybe Eywa could decide to send her back.

I think it would be tough for her to come back as an Avatar/Na'vi, but then again who knows what JC has cooked up :) maybe IF the Avatar body can live without a "soul" in a resting state, maybe Eywa could decide to send her back.

I respectfully disagree :P

I think it would kinda defeat the message JC tried to get across with Grace's death; that Eywa is real, there is life after death - and all life is recycled.

It would go against the philosophy of the film that everything is equal and connected - why should Grace get a second chance and no one else? And surely if everything is recycled then Grace is already part of the Pandoran cycle of life. (probably reincarnated as the fly you swatted away this morning or something.... :awesome:).

Ya get what I mean?:xD:

Last edited:
I think it would kinda defeat the message JC tried to get across with Grace's death; that Eywa is real, there is life after death - and all life is recycled.

It would go against the philosophy of the film that everything is equal and connected - why should Grace get a second chance and no one else? And surely if everything is recycled then Grace is already part of the Pandoran cycle of life. (probably reincarnated as the fly you swatted away this morning or something).

Sure, everyone interprets the movie differently, but damn you got a drastically different message/philosophy (regarding Eywa) from the movie than me :D

" - and all life is recycled" and reincarnation:
I don't agree with that at all.

In Avatar the mind of a Na'vi or animal is preserved after death, not recycled.
If you **** up the ecosystem bad enough, not only Eywa but all the Na'vi ancestors are going to perish and you deny yourself and everyone else a life after death.
That's one of the main reasons why the Na'vi are so eager to fight and "protect the balance of life".

For every single individual, death is a one way ticket to afterlife.
After death, the consciousness of every living being becomes part of the all-embracing bioelectric network that exists like a second layer of life within the plants and their connected roots. There is NO reincarnation into a single plant or animal happening in Avatar, because "everything is connected".
I mean, that's what the Eywa concept is all about!!! :hmm: (well, for me at least :))

Just remember the scene "They live Jake, within Eywa" when Jake hears a lot of different voices when he connects to the network for the first time.

Anyway, Grace is the only possible exception because she has two "compatible" bodies to begin with. (Jake didn't die, so I wouldn't call his transfer a reincarnation.)
If Grace was the first ever "to return from the eye of Eywa" and reincarnate into her second body, why the hell not. Grace is such an important character, her reincarnation would be cool.

We will see if Cameron makes that exception, IMO it won't cause any problems at all.

There was a similar thread on reddit a while ago, I think it would be possible within the movie rules and make for a good plot as well:

Her mind was still intact when it was transferred to Eywa, but there was not enough time to take care of all the little details that were needed to switch bodies (like the autonomic nervous system of her human body). Grace just needs time to regenerate, and in the meantime she will return as a "wise mentor" type of character that will advise Jake whenever he connects to the tree of souls. At some point she will be ready to inhabit her Na'vi body again (that has been preserved in one of the Avatar tanks at the old human base). This will probably happen at the end of the first sequel, similar to Jake's "eyes open" scene.

I thought I read somewhere that Sigourney Weaver was to play a different character other than Grace. I can't remember where I saw it, or, I would say what the source was.