Could Jake's Brother Come Back In The Way of Water?

We know (thanks to Empire Magazine) that Avatar: TWOW will feature the new concept of recombinants or "Recoms". They're basically Avatars that don't need a driver. Instead a copy of the person's consciousness is put directly into the Avatar body.

Dead characters that worked for the RDA are returning as Recombinants. Quaritch and Wainfleet can be seen in the trailer.

Jake's brother, Tom Sully, was also working with for RDA, and is also dead. Is it possible that he could come back as a recombinant in the new film?

Even if it's possible, is it a good idea? Do you think that would make a good twist? If so why? If not, why not?

We know (thanks to Empire Magazine) that Avatar: TWOW will feature the new concept of recombinants or "Recoms". They're basically Avatars that don't need a driver. Instead a copy of the person's consciousness is put directly into the Avatar body.
Good to hear there is some clarity on this topic now and that there is a term for it. I already theorized in the main sequel thread that something like this had to be going on, as opposed to Quaritch and Wainfleet not really having died in the first movie and having been driving "human Avatars" at that time for which there is no evidence given whatsoever.

Even if it's possible, is it a good idea? Do you think that would make a good twist? If so why? If not, why not?
Surely it is technically possible, but I can think of both an in-universe reason and a real life reason not to do this:

In-universe: what would the RDA gain by bringing back the brother of Jake, who must basically be public enemy number one in the RDA's eyes? I think they chose Quaritch and Wainfleet specifically because they are unlikely to turn traitor like Jake. Honestly, who would Tom really side with if he learns of everything that has happened?

Out-universe: how does one fit another character into a movie that is already packed with 1) the characters that we all know and want to see more of and 2) loads of new characters such as the Metkayina clan, Jake and Neytiri's children and adopted children, new human characters, etc?