Featured Avatar: The Way of Water

Wameyn

dreaming of iknimaya
Donator
https://naekranie.pl/aktualnosci/avatar-2-polski-tytul-1650965391

A website is reporting that the Polish branch of Disney is reporting Avatar 2 is in fact titled Avatar: The Way of Water. If this name sounds familiar to you it's because it was one of the leaked titles that JC commented on back in 2019.

With the first Avatar 2 trailer expected to drop tomorrow at the Disney panel at CinemaCon I bet we will soon have official confirmation! :party:

Summary
The Avatar sequel is arriving in theaters on December 16th, 2022! Discuss the latest Avatar 2 news in this thread.
Also the original (remastered) will be in theaters again Sept. 23rd! That will be a perfect way to kick off the Sivako2020's!!!!!

Wameyn

dreaming of iknimaya
Donator
    Last edited:
3A497337-FBEE-4559-9D42-DF4B8FCF37DB.jpeg

Here’s a little CinemaCon run down-

• Avatar 2 has an official title, Avatar:The Way of Water

• A trailer was shown to the audience, however it’s not available to the public yet

•The trailer had very little dialogue and showed various world elements of Pandora and a lot of underwater footage

•The trailer will be shown before Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, premiering May 6th

•It’s expected the trailer will be shown online a week after Doctor Strange debuts

• The film is set a decade after the first film

• James Cameron prepared a prerecorded video in which he expressed excitement for the world to see the sequel film

• Jon Landau was in attendance and spoke about Jake and Neytiri’s family being the focus of the sequels

• Avatar will re-release into theaters on September 23rd with remastered audio and video

• Avatar:TWOW will release on December 16th

Woodsprite

One of the First
Donator
After searching for a bit I finally found out what was meant by "remastered", for the rerelease of the first film. Apparently the sound is remastered.

^This makes me very confused. What, exactly, about the first film's sound was in need of remastering? I'm vey confused here. Last time I checked, 2009 was when it was released? Like, a modern year?

Wameyn

dreaming of iknimaya
Donator
There are 4 movie stills from the upcoming trailer online now, FB, Twitter, IG, you name it. I won't share them here since it wasn't an official drop, but check them out, exciting stuff.

Funny, I thought the sound in the original was great, even today. The mix is especially strong. Wonder exactly what they thought required a remaster. Maybe some Dolby Atmos/surround upgrade..?

Wameyn

dreaming of iknimaya
Donator
The trailer in its entirety is all over now as well. Hope it gets its proper full HD release soon.

Clips of the teaser are on YouTube now. Wow, it's amazing. We see Jake, Neytiri, and family and bits of new stuff. For the character threads,there's enough to add sequel pics of Jake and Neytiri.

Wameyn

dreaming of iknimaya
Donator
Be careful posting the links as Disney/Lightstorm are actively removing them and would like people to see the trailer when they launch it officially online about a week after it comes out before Doctor Strange 2.

Reactions: Wind12

Woodsprite

One of the First
Donator
Be careful posting the links as Disney/Lightstorm are actively removing them and would like people to see the trailer when they launch it officially online about a week after it comes out before Doctor Strange 2.

I'm literally just going to buy a ticket for Doctor Strange 2 just to watch the trailer and then probably walk out right after. Star Wars Episode 1-style.

Reactions: Wind12
    Last edited:
The trailer looks amazing. I love all of the underwater shots, especially the one where Jake bonds with what appears to be a nalusta, a whale-like creature with parenting behaviors similar to the orca. I may have found some of the new characters.

0:37 Ronal (Kate Winslet)
0:39 Tsireya aka Reya (Bailey Bass)
0:43 Tonowari (Cliff Curtis)
0:53 Javier Socorro aka Spider (Jack Champion)

In the clip with Tonowari and Ronal, she appears to be pregnant. I think I know why Neytiri is wary of Spider. She fears his dark side will emerge and cause harm to her family. I do believe she loves him very much deep down, but she is exercising caution after what the RDA did to the Omaticaya more than a decade earlier. It is obvious Spider is going with his adoptive parents and siblings to the Metkayina. His presence could be what Jake and Neytiri have their argument over. One thing is clear. Jake, Neytiri, and their kids will literally be fish out of water. They know little to nothing about the ways of the Metkayina and must earn their place among them.

Last edited:
It's been a few years since I've watched Avatar, and that's because I've seen the movie probably 30-40 times already! So it will be nice to remember everything before the release of the new part. I'll admit that what I saw in the trailer surprised me a lot. I was expecting action completely underwater, but I can see that in reality it can take place on the border between water and land. What surprised me the most, though, was the change in appearance of Jake and Neytiri, because I think that's them. Seriously, I barely recognized them!:shock::shock::shock:

Wameyn

dreaming of iknimaya
Donator
I'm literally just going to buy a ticket for Doctor Strange 2 just to watch the trailer and then probably walk out right after. Star Wars Episode 1-style.

Exactly what I’m doing too :cool:

I’m excited to discuss the trailer on here but I’m going to wait until it’s released for everyone so as not to spoil anything for anyone.

Last edited:
I made a short video compiled of some images from the teaser trailer. The quality is not great, but I think you should be able to make out some of the characters.

It looks like Mo'at will not be going to the Metkayina and will stay behind to watch the Omaticaya, possibly with Norm and Max's help. It will not be easy for her to say goodbye to Jake, Neytiri, and her grandchildren whom I believe she loves very much. I have little doubt Eytukan would have forgiven Jake for his betrayal if he had survived and witnessed him arrive as Toruk Makto. They would have grown even closer and developed a father/son bond. He would have loved Neteyam, Lo'ak, Tuktiery, and likely Spider. He would have been concerned about Neytiri's wariness toward Spider as well as how some pure Na'vi would treat his grandchildren due to being nonpure. It would not have been easy for him to say goodbye to his family, especially Neytiri as she is his only surviving child. I imagine he would have been holding her as she cried the night before leaving and shed a few tears himself.