A return to roots.

Aquaplant

Donator
Keeping this forum going with 'debates' on it is like treating a lung cancer sufferer who insists on still smoking 10 packs per day.

Is it really that bad?

Removing the debate forum would probably just move the debating into the general discussion and other areas of potential disagreement, so what exactly do you mean by keeping the debates on so to speak?

Pa'li Makto

Donator
    Last edited:
The thing that I'm worried about is that this week there has been hardly any activity on these forums..I'm not sure if people are just busy on weekdays or if more people are spending less time on here.

I agree with Aquaplant here, if we close the debate threads then debates could leak into the general forums..

i think the debates should be done on web cam chats.... then we'll see if people really have the balls to say their opinions to each other's faces 8D

Pa'li Makto

Donator
    Last edited:
I wouldn't say something mean to you Iron Jones, no matter how vulgar you could get. You're just the way you are. ;)
To be honest I think it's bad to say anything mean to/about anyone. It would be easier if people followed Gadhi's non violent and peaceful resistance philosophy.

Aquaplant

Donator
The thing that I'm worried about is that this week there has been hardly any activity on these forums..I'm not sure if people are just busy on weekdays or if more people are spending less time on here.

I for one am more of a reactionary poster than anything else, so any lack of activity usually leads to more lack of activity on my part. Also, I have an uncanny ability to scare people by writing stuff so that they interpret it in the worst possible way.

I agree with Aurora here, if we close the debate threads then debates could leak into the general forums..

I'm really not that much like her, am I?

i blame the increasing amount of ponies

I have to ask Isard for some more Fluttershy to mellow this place a bit. In the meantime, here is some first aid.

fluttershy_by_sererena-d3jslnu.jpg

i think the debates should be done on web cam chats.... then we'll see if people really have the balls to say their opinions to each other's faces 8D

exactly, because written words dont convey true emotions

xkcd: Internet Argument

Pa'li Makto

Donator
    Last edited:
Ooops sorry my moment of concentration lapsed then sorry Aquaplant. Will edit post in 3, 2, 1.

Also that link to that site: Though webcams and face to face arguments there might be more clarity then in text based posts.

Aquaplant

Donator
No worries, I just find it amusing that someone would confuse two people who couldn't really be more different, but the brain is funny that way when it doesn't always work as intended.

And yes, moving from text based communication to verbal one usually improves the amount of understanding passed between participants, but they always eventually just lead to this.

Clarke

Donator
Ooops sorry my moment of concentration lapsed then sorry Aquaplant. Will edit post in 3, 2, 1.

Also that link to that site: Though webcams and face to face arguments there might be more clarity then in text based posts.
I find that there is less, since I'm not able to write an argument as fast as I can actually say it aloud. :P By the time I've actually thought through the point and made sure it's correct, someone in RL would be left waiting.

Aquaplant

Donator
I find that there is less, since I'm not able to write an argument as fast as I can actually say it aloud. :P By the time I've actually thought through the point and made sure it's correct, someone in RL would be left waiting.

As a fellow slow thinker I would agree with that concept, but no matter how well one articulates their point in words, someone is bound to interpret them in a wrong way. And as it is typical to internet conversation, rather than asking for clarification, they usually jump to their own conclusions and start throwing counter accusations or whatever.